How to help us solve your issue as quickly as possible
Sometimes all you know is something’s not working. That’s okay: we’re ready to help.
But like any good detective story, the more information we have, the quicker we can zero in on the culprit and get your problem locked away. So take a look below: if you can gather any information, that’ll only help speed things along. Don’t worry if you don’t know all the answers – even a few can really help.
The location (such as physical street address) where the issue is occurring
Name of the Carrier/Provider of service, or Manufacturer of equipment involved
Account Number/Circuit ID of service, or Serial Number of equipment involved
As detailed a description of the issue as you can sketch, including:
- What are examples of specific symptoms? (e.g., phone numbers of failed calls, IP address of nonresponsive machines, names of files and servers which cannot be accessed, etc.)
- When did the problem start?
- Who is affected?
- Is this a new or recurring issue?
- Can it be replicated?
- What remediation have you done up to this point?
Impact: the severity or scope of the problem(s) caused by the incident
- Many or all people affected and/or acutely disadvantaged
- Risk of major financial loss or reputation damage
- Moderate number of people affected and/or inconvenienced
- Risk of minor financial loss or reputation damage
- Small number of people affected and/or inconvenience is minimal
- Minimal risk of financial loss or reputation damage
Urgency: the sensitivity of the incident to the passage of time
- Impact will increase rapidly until incident is resolved
- Work being blocked is highly time sensitive, or VIPs are significantly affected
- A minor incident can be prevented from becoming a major incident by acting immediately
- Impact will increase moderately until incident is resolved
- Work being blocked is somewhat sensitive, or VIPs are somewhat affected
- Impact is contained or will increase only marginally until incident is resolved
- Work being blocked is not time sensitive, and VIPs are not significantly affected