Servers can consume more than half of the energy in modern data centers, which makes server efficiency attractive to companies looking to hit carbon-neutral sustainability targets and reducing energy usage can save money.
To help reach that goal, here are five ways to boost server efficiency, which is focused on improving the performance, efficiency, and reliability of business-critical infrastructure.
- Upgrade to the Latest Server Generation: Server energy efficiency has consistently improved thanks to improved efficiency of processors that power them.
- Select Servers with High Compute Capacity: Opt for servers with a high number of transactions per second.
- Prioritize High Core Count: Efficiency tends to rise with the number of cores, though there may be diminishing returns at the upper end.
- Consider Overall Power Consumption: While a server’s energy efficiency might increase, its actual overall power consumed (Watts) can increase even as its efficiency (transactions per second per Watt) increases.
- Embrace Power-Management Features: Reduce core CPU voltage and frequency as utilization increases. Move unneeded cores to idle state.
Contact us at Access Tech where we can help optimize your data center’s efficiency and explore available options. We’re here to assist you on your journey toward a more efficient data center setup.