According to an article by Cybercrime Magazine, a study was recently performed regarding some pretty disturbing hacking statistics. The most important detail to remember is that hackers target anyone, anywhere. The size of your business no longer matters in today’s world.
Along with these stats are some predictions they have made, which may or may not surprise you:
- Cybercrime will cost the world $6 trillion by 2021
- By 2021, a business will fall victim to ransomware every 11 seconds
- The cost of a data breach will reach $150 million by 2020
- In 2023 alone, cybercriminals will steal 33 billion records
- Americans lose $15 billion annually due to identity theft
- 1 in 36 mobile phones had high-risk apps in 2018
- It takes 196 days on average to identify a data breach
Do these numbers make you want to run away? While that is understandable, most, if not all, of these stats and predictions can be prevented. What can you do to prevent victimization of a ransomware attack? How can you avoid having your cell phone from getting hacked?
Having a data back up and disaster recovery plan, along with secure procedures and adherence, can help you be part of the non-statistical group. We can all pull together and stop these hackers from stealing our data. Reach out to Access Tech as we can help alleviate your worry about where your security awareness and prevention can improve.[Source]